SEEDS is a regenerative culture + economy co-created by a global citizenry through a decentralized financial system and currency. It is the collective name for the protocols, accounts and smart contracts that make up this new ecosystem. It is designed to finance a regenerative economy by subsidizing and rewarding regenerative practices (social, environmental, financial and other domains), campaigns, and solutions; aligning business incentives towards regeneration; providing grants for regenerative projects and campaigns; and empowering local and circular economies through subsidizing the transition to regenerative industries.
See the SEEDS New User Guide to learn how to participate.
- Humanity as wise, joyful and loving partners, co-creating a flourishing world together, with our Earth and the Web of Life.
- Cultures rooted in compassion, insisting on informed and transparent decisions about the ways we meet our needs as responsible future ancestors, in partnership with our Earth, and honouring the gifts we all share.
- Our economic, financial, and governance systems honour the carrying capacities of our Earth and regenerate the multiple dimensions of life we share, thus increasing the caring and carrying capacities of our worlds.
- Our societies have become diverse and fertile gardens of abundance that are overflowing with art, song, music, dance and joy; blooming with multispecies cities, drinkable rivers, thriving oceans, fertile living-soil, nourishing air, and compassionate-food.
To serve the Regenerative Renaissance by co-creating economic, governance, and financial systems for regenerative and thriving civilisations.
- We acknowledge how our universe exists and evolves as a single unified entity, an undividable wholeness. The universe is a single unified being.
- We acknowledge how our universe evolves coherently and is finely tuned to make life possible. The universe evolves through deepening coherence and increasing complexity.
- We acknowledge our universe as an expression of consciousness, a continual learning journey of discovery through which we develop our capacities to thrive together. We actualize our consciousness by learning, experimenting, collaborating, reflecting, and sharing together.
- Tools - SEEDS starts with familiar tools (like starting with a currency that looks and feels like money and voting that looks and feels like democracies we know), while also creating entirely new tools. SEEDS supports the myriad of change-maker movements by providing tools for harnessing the power of wealth creation and for scaling global coordination. The tools include, among others - financial and governance systems, and decentralised organisation tools for creating regenerative communities.
- Systems - SEEDS provides an open platform for unifying the many tools into a coherent ecosystem for coordinating global movements. As a ‘conscious currency’, SEEDS is much more than a currency and gives us tools to evolve coordination beyond simply exchanging money. Namely, by providing systems to evolve new structures for decision-making, coordination and value exchange. SEEDS is designed to better meet our changing needs while aligning the interests of funders, users, communities, movements, bioregions and our Earth.
- Voice - SEEDS offers voice, influence and power to those prepared to steward the health of our Earth and future. Citizens (those who have participated in the success of SEEDS and received this badge) govern the evolution and operation of the SEEDS ecosystem. Our voices fractal out to local and global communities within SEEDS for evolving our economies and cultures, giving rise to diverse approaches for creating healthier communities and civilisations.
- Community - SEEDS is a community, where people across the globe are coming together to more joyfully and rewardingly learn and experiment together to co-create this journey into a thriving civilisation.
- Resources - SEEDS provides finance, subsidies, expertise, and other resources to empower this Renaissance, with emphasis on compassionate actions, food for all life, Renaissance art (song, music, dance, etc.), movement building, free and open technologies, and ecological regeneration.
- Exploration - Experimentation and discovery through a process of learning by doing and sharing.
- Reciprocity - Responsive and mutually beneficial (value-driven, over punishment-driven) relationships and protocols that seek complementary value for all.
- Openness - Voluntary, accessible, transparent, and encouraging diversity.
- Integrity - Being and acting from a place of authenticity, intuition, and coherence with who we truly are and the wisdom of life.
- Courage - Boldly standing for the wellbeing of people, planet, non-human life, and our future as well as standing for the required changes and transformations.
- Trust - Building and promoting systems for revitalising and scaling trust in each other, life, and our shared future.
- Commitment - Dedicating our hands, feet, and heart to our personal transformation journey and to take responsibility for and embody the changes we wish to see.
- Compassion - Cultivating and pursuing our passions with authentic care, respect, love, and empathy for all life.
13 Architecture Protocols
- Openly Share Knowledge - Open Source Code - Life is open Source code, it openly shares knowledge, wisdom, resources, and value. We mimic this in SEEDS through open knowledge sharing and shared learning opportunities.
- Enable and Encourage Choice - Citizen Governed Life enables choice points to evolve itself. We mimic this in SEEDS where Citizens maintain a direct voice in governance and in steering its evolution.
- Include Spaces to Dream - Architect from the Future - Life is future creative. We mimic this in SEEDS by working with the future as an imaginal possibility space and source of inspiration.
- Capture Carrying Capacities - Operate Within Sustainability Thresholds - Life creates carrying capacities with systemic boundaries. We mimic this in SEEDS by including sustainability thresholds (ecological ceilings and social foundations) in the SEEDS Operating Systems. We aim to act with integrity to honour these vital boundaries.
- Increase Carrying Capacities - Improve Resilience and Health - Life creates resiliency and systemic health. We mimic this in SEEDS by applying regenerative feedback loops to increase systemic resiliency and health.
- Encourage Diversity - Strengthen Evolutionary Coherence - Life increases and embodies diversity, coherently. We mimic this in SEEDS by encouraging and including diverse perspectives, backgrounds, experiences and wisdom for developing our collective stewardship.
- Communicate Inclusively - Create Resonance and Alignment - Life is communicative and inclusive, creating resonant alignment. We mimic this in SEEDS by providing tools and systems that enable Citizens to make what we offer and do relevant, meaningful, and resonant for their unique local and regional contexts.
- Be Transformative - Develop Capacities Together - Life is transformative; capacities develop and evolve by learning and building together. We mimic this in SEEDS by developing our transformative capacities together through experimentation, co-learning, and shared evaluation.
- Collaborate for Thrivability - With the Patterns that Connect - Life collaborates for thrivability through connective patterns. We mimic this in SEEDS by weaving collaboratively with the patterns that connect, integrating the best of the old and newly emerging worlds for the purpose of regeneration and thrivability.
- Be a Good Future Ancestor - Allocate Prosperity Equitably - Life creates conditions for the thrivability of our future. We mimic this in SEEDS by thinking, designing, and acting as a future ancestor - with hindsight, insight, and foresight.
- Design in Fractals - Scale Holistically - Life is fractal by design, scaling and integrating holistically. We mimic this in SEEDS by using fractal patterns in our design and programming, to make complexity thrivable and workable.
- Enhance Fertility - Create Abundance Regeneratively - Life is fertile and creates collective abundance regeneratively. We mimic this in SEEDS by promoting regenerative abundance through financial incentives that reward collaborative behaviours in service of life, and cross-pollinating successes, solutions, and wisdom gained.
- To be Co-Created ... Open Space to Dream into Together - Life is an ongoing creative process, a continuous journey of discovery. We support this through SEEDS by leaving this space open for us to dream into together.
The SEEDS Quest
We commit to:
- 1. Answering the call of the Renaissance Quest;
- 2. Taking responsibility for our power;
- 3. Investing our power in our thrivability;
- 4. Becoming renaissance agents by offering our talents, passion, and wisdom.
The SEEDS Architect Tools
We commit to:
- 5. Applying this constitution as our navigational compass;
- 6. Designing from the architecture of healthy living systems;
- 7. Creating and continuously improving our tools and protocols;
- 8. Becoming an architect of future civilisations.
The Quest Allies and Partnerships
We commit to:
- 9. Partnering with our earth for our common health and prosperity;
- 10. Playing compassionately with others;
- 11. Allying with our future ancestors;
- 12. Celebrating our transition moments and growth.
Building our New World While Transitioning from the Old
We commit to:
- 13. Opting out of systems of harm;
- 14. Opting into systems that heal and regenerate our world;
- 15. Purposefully creating thrivable communities and ecosystems;
- 16. Becoming the world we wish to live in, one seed at a time.
Tools for Scaling
- Proposals - Proposals are a tool to collectively decide changes to the SEEDS economy or to fund projects, ideas and organizations its citizens collectively support.
- Contribution Scores - Contribution Scores consciously decide, track and reward a variety of contributions to new civilizations, most suited for trackable and quantitative metrics.
- Gratitude - Gratitude functions as a “swarm intelligence” based on the principles of a gift economy, most suited for contributions that are highly visible and exciting.
- Marketplace - Marketplaces allow us to exchange goods and services in Seeds: http://seedsmarket.great-site.net/
- Other decentralized tools - Many communities with similar values are developing great useful decentralized tools
- SEEDS Constitution - The foundational guide to the participation and evolution of SEEDS
- SEEDS 3-Pager A quick introduction to SEEDS
- The SEEDS Guide - An in-depth look into how the Game of SEEDS works (SEEDS Guide wiki)
- Regenerative Renaissance (Ecosystem Resources) - A reference list of SEEDS resources
Alliances and Campaigns
Alliances are organizations, movements or businesses aligned with creating healthier civilizations through the SEEDS economy.
Needs a link to list and profiles of Alliances
Campaigns are programs that gift Seeds to a wide number of people for doing any number of actions that benefit people or our planet, as voted by the Citizens of SEEDS.
- Regenerating Central America - Whole Systems Approach for Large-Scale Regeneration through Community Empowerment
List and profiles of 70 first campaigns on Framacalc table https://lite.framacalc.org/9jlp-seedsprojects
SEEDS is co-created by Hypha together with the Seeds Community, and stands for Sowing Ecological, Equitable and Decentralized Societies. Hypha is a Decentralized Human Organization (DHO), a global, transparent, open organization that is owned by all who contribute and open to all.
A place for advanced Players who want to dive into the depths of this game. This is a space to tap into future possibilities, redesign our inner and outer landscapes, test models, experiment with new protocols, engage with the Citizens and propose evolutions to the game.
- Inner (how we co-create / future possibilities).
- Outer (what we're co-creating / current possibilities).
- Storytelling (creating narratives to share the process).
A place to help Players understand the basic fundamentals of the game and be prepared to set up pilots in their communities, organisations and more! Renaissance Explorers
A place to explore all the other tools, ecosystems and projects that comprise the Regenerative Renaissance and how Players can engage with these other tools to create Regenerative Civilizations.
The Global Passport offers Players a community-centric approach to SEEDS. The Passport comes with the following key features:
- A forum section for earning reputation for sharing wisdom, proposing changes, discussing projects, and more.
- A people section for connecting and meeting other Players.
- A governance section for voting on proposals.
- A ”Game of SEEDS” section for doing quests, earning Seeds and learning about this renaissance in a more joyful way!
- A wallet section for all your economic actions.
The Light Wallet offers Players a light-weight tool to participate in SEEDS. With a focus on providing tools for merchants and businesses. The Light Wallet comes with the following key features:
- Basic and advanced wallets.
- Access and sign action on your DHO or Swaps sites.
- Setup “Key Guardians” to recover your account should you lose your keys.
- Setup your storefront, marketstall, or business on SEEDS to accept payments.
Financial and Economic apps
Regen DEX (Decentralised Exchange) / Seeds Swap
The Regen DEX is a website tool for Players to exchange value directly (without a middleman) amongst each other with a variety of tokens and decentralised (on-chain) currencies and assets. Players can create organisation, village, team or other types of tokens and swap value with people across the globe.
Peer Swaps is a tool for Players to exchange value directly (without a middleman) amongst each other with Seeds and a variety of (off-chain) currencies (such as central bank notes).
Organisational and Governance Apps
DHO’s (Decentralised Holonic Organisms)
This decentralised application offers Players a structure to create new types of organisations and regional governance systems that offer:
- contribution accounting for fair value distribution;
- transparent, direct and evolvable governance tools (helping Players decide at scale);
- unifying protocols where the typical roles of “investors”, “users”, and “employees” become one (for new paradigm organisations);
- the ability to more easily build the change while living the change;
- launch organisations within the SEEDS legal jurisdiction;
- a regional governance system for Players to coordinate locally.