The DAO/DHO Platform is a governance, operations, and tokenomics tool for Decentralized Autonomous/Human Organizations (DAOs and DHOs), developed by Hypha, an app development DHO for regenerative communities. DAOs are widely used as the governing and operations platform in decentralized finance (DeFi) for management of blockchains and cryptocurrency funding pools. DHOs are the SEEDS version of DAOs.
Why DAO/DHOs and DAO/DHO platforms?
These tools are built for global experimentation, and collective co-evolution. As groups discover novel coordination patterns - any group would then have the ability to adopt their pattern (effective co-evolution) into their organization through their bespoke governance processes. This way we can more easily learn and evolve together as a unified ecosystem and advance our capabilities all while each organization spends less time thinking about how they coordinate and - more time doing the actual mission they set out to do. These tools are designed to continually give our organization's more capable, flexible, and effective "coordination applications" to handle the complexities of our global civilizations and global challenges.
Create a DAO/DHO on the platform
Name and description
Identify a template (e.g. tech, investment, local food economy, building, neighborhood, agri-forest)
- Utility token (e.g. land, equipment, time, networks, money)
- Governance token
- Voice token
- Treasury token - How you do payments
Account name and email
- Determine multipliers for each of the tokens relative to each other
- Salary bands - Determine number of payment levels and ranges
See screenshot at top right.
Ticker of the different currencies and tokens
The number of different roles
Transaction/reciprocity agreements, ways for members to contribute (e.g. 100 community tokens for planting a tree)
Transparent ledger of expenses, establishing trust
Who is holding which rights and authorities (e.g. access to bank, facilitation)
A list of approved proposals
The basic organizing component of self organization, consisting of a collective of roles with a shared purpose and accountability, with weighted support and sub-circles.
Details compensation, tokens, multiplier, history of enactment
A list of foundational roles (e.g. researching and architecting; storytelling and communications; building and developing)
Governance and operations agreements with history of enactment
View your profile, pay periods, claim pay for work you're doing, what tokens you're holding, orgs you're a part of, roles you fill and badges you have
Choose from the following:
- One-time activity
- Bridge - Compensation for past contributions
- Quest proposal
- Quest completion
- Recurring activity
- Role assignment - Identify time periods
- Badge assignment - Identify time periods
- Recurring expense
- Organizational asset
- Role archetype - What are you doing and how much are we going to pay for it, how much deferred, and which currencies
- Badge type
Customizing your organization governance and finance policies
Settings to add level of decay to voice tokens
- Quorum - The minimum percentage of members participating to pass a proposal
- Unity - The minimum percentage of members approving versus rejecting a proposal
Duration, Max ft, Min commitment, Min deferred
Proxim, Min equity, Min budget, Max flow
- Unity and Quorum thresholds posted at the top
- Listing of proposals with details
- Listing of badges held by members with details
- The Hypha DAO & DHO: Helping groups coordinate their way!
- How to do a DHO/DAO: Guide for groups building new paradigm organizations